Kathleen “Kat” Rodriguez
Graduating Year: 2020
Floor Music: Imma Shine
Instagram: Instagram: kat_rodriguez_gymnast
I started gymnastics when I was 6 years old and competed TAAF through level 6. When I reached level 7, I changed gyms so that I could start competing USAG and challenge myself to excel in the sport. I love the challenge of learning new skills and pushing myself to be my very best. As a freshman in high school, I also started competing for our varsity gymnastics team. I train in the evening 6 days/24 hours a week at my club gym as well as every day with my school team, about 5-8 hours a week depending on where we are in the competition season. I love the comradery and support I have with both teams. They help me keep my motivation strong all year.
- 2016 Level 7 State – Silver medalist on Floor.
- 2016 Level 7 Region 3 – Silver medalist AA and Beam, Bronze medalist on Floor.
- 2017 Level 8 State Champion; Beam and Floor Champion; Silver medalist on Vault and Bars.
- 2017 Level 8 Region 3 – Bar Champion
- 2018 Level 9 State Champion; Beam Champion
High School – Texas:
- 2017 District Championship Team
- 2017 District Beam Champion, Silver medalist on Bars, Floor, and AA, Bronze medalist on Vault.
- 2017 Region 1 Championship Team
- 2017 Region 1 Champion on Vault, Bars, Beam, and AA; Silver medalist on Floor.
- 2017 – State Championship Team
- 2017 State Championship – AA Bronze medalist and Floor Silver medalist for combined compulsory and optional.
- 2017 High School Elite All-American: Team, AA, Vault, Bars, Beam, and Floor.
9th grade: 3.02 (4.0)
Some of My Favorite Things:
Fun Facts About Me: