Kathleen “Kat” Rodriguez
Graduating Year: 2020 Level: 9/Training 10
Floor Music: Imma Shine Instagram: kat_rodriguez_gymnast
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuQhcURsaWQDlhRg959Dpw/videos
I started gymnastics when I was 6 years old and competed TAAF through level 6. When I reached level 7, I changed gyms so that I could start competing USAG and challenge myself to excel in the sport. I love the challenge of learning new skills and pushing myself to be my very best. As a freshman in high school, I also started competing for our varsity gymnastics team. I train in the evening 6 days/24 hours a week at my club gym as well as every day with my school team, about 5-8 hours a week depending on where we are in the competition season. I love the comradery and support I have with both teams. They help me keep my motivation strong all year.
2019 Meet Schedule
- Metroplex Challenge, Fort Worth TX – 01/24/2019
- WOGA Classic, Frisco TX – 02/10/2019
- Biles Invitational, Houston TX – 02/15/2019
- Rock Solid Invitational, Lubbock TX – March 1-3, 2019
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:30p – 8:00p
- Tuesday, Thursday 4:30p – 8:30p
- Saturday 9:00a – 1:00p
- 2018 Level 9 Westerns – Bronze medalist on Beam
- 2018 Level 9 Region 3 – Silver medalist on Beam; Westerns Qualifier
- 2018 Level 9 State Champion; Beam Champion
- 2017 Level 8 Region 3 – Bar Champion
- 2017 Level 8 State Champion; Beam and Floor Champion; Silver medalist on Vault and Bars.
- 2016 Level 7 Region 3 – Silver medalist AA and Beam, Bronze medalist on Floor.
- 2016 Level 7 State – Silver medalist on Floor.
- 2015 Level 6 State – Silver medalist AA and Bars; Bronze Medalist on Floor.
9th grade: 3.0 (4.0)
10th grade: 3.0 (4.0)
11th grade: 4.039/5.0 (1st semester)
Continue competing in gymnastics on a college team; College Gymnastics Scholarship
Some of My Favorite Things:
I like painting and crafting. I really enjoy traveling and seeing new places.